School Closing Policy
In the case of inclement weather, Bright Spot will consider the decisions made by both Perkiomen Valley School District and Spring-Ford School District. If both districts are closed then Bright Spot will close. If one school remains open, Bright Spot will make the decision regarding school closing, delayed start or early dismissal. If Bright Spot opens on a delay, school will start at 9:30 A.M.
You may observe our classes at any time. It is not necessary to make an appointment but we do ask that you observe from the hallway, so as not to disrupt the program. Our main goal at Bright Spot is to provide each child with a rich rewarding educational experience. To be successful we need your cooperation and support.
Bright Spot is pleased to be able to allow access to our playground to our Bright Spot families. The safety of each of our students and those using this facility is our primary concern and we need the cooperation of parents in enforcing playground rules and appropriate behavior after school hours.
After school hours parents are responsible for the direct supervision of their children. Parents must be within the fenced area while their children are using the playground. Parents of children using the facility must ensure that:
- The gate is closed at all times
- Children are not allowed to roam outside of the fenced area or climb on the fence
- Only one child is on a slide at a time
- No climbing or standing on top of the train is permitted
- No aggressive play, pushing/shoving, and/or bullying is permitted
- All children treat each other with respect
Please remember that the Bright Spot playground is geared for children three to five years of age. Younger children require even closer supervision. Please help us make the use of this facility a safe and enjoyable experience for all of our children. No one wants to see a child get hurt.
Dress Code Policy
- Inside – Children should wear clothing that they can easily manage themselves. Please no belts or buttons on pants. For the safety of the children we ask that they wear sneakers or rubber sole shoes while at school. Please do not send them to school in sandals, flip flops, clogs or Crocs as they are not safe on the playground.
- Outside – Please place your child’s name in all jackets, gloves, hats and sweaters that will be worn to school. Please do not send your child to school in snow boots.
With the exception of Kindergarten students, arrangements for transportation of children to and from school are the responsibility of the parents. We will be glad to assist in forming carpools. Children will only be released to go home with those people authorized by the parents. Changes in transportation arrangements must be reported to the school in writing prior to pick-up time.